Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Here is my new room addition

We finally finished the New addition this past Saturday.  I am so glad to have it done.  Here are some pics of the new room before we started moving Destiny's stuff in there.


We did all the inside work ourselves.  We had the framing, and Vinyl on the outside done by someone else.  We put in all the insulation , the drywall, finished all the drywall, installed the Laminate wood flooring, painted and added all the molding.


I did all the drywall mud and sanding, added the bead board paneling and all the trim.  My husband helped with the baseboard molding but the rest I did myself. he did have to help me hold up the crown molding while I nailed it in place as they were 10 ft long and I couldn't hold it up and nail at the same time.
My husband put in the ceiling fan, which I love.  He also went up into the attic and added all the insulation.
I put 2 coats of High Gloss Ultra white paint to all the molding, Bead Board, closet doors and the French doors,




Here's pic's of the closet.



We only added a small hanging bar  and the rest are shelves.


Here is the piece of carpet that I bought to make a huge rug out of( it's 12x8 ft).
We also added drywall mud to the ceiling to added decoration and try to hide the Plywood ceiling so we wouldn't have to add drywall and fight to get it mudded and sanded.


Well now you can see why I have been so MIA here over the past 2 months.
One day this will be my craftroom, but until then it is Destiny's new bedroom. I painted my son Bailey's new room( his sister's old room) Sunday and he moved his stuff in on Monday night.  All I have left to do is paint Jazmine's room and the hallway, then I need to clean my carpets with all the traffic in and out over the past 2 months the kids have made the carpets so dirty.

Well I hope you like the new room.  I love it and I think I love it more because we did all the work ourselves.

Hugs:)
Angela

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did a great job! You should be very proud!!
Annette E.

Craftdee said...

It's great, Angela... you're going to love the extra space :-) We "owner built" our house so I know exactly what you mean about the sense of achievement, we were thinking of building again, but we're 23 years older now so we're sticking to remodelling instead, lol. Donna ☺

Maria Therese said...

The room look fabulous!

KarinsArtScrap said...

great and fabulous room angela, you all did a great job.
hope i see now some more cards from you because i have mis it.
i learn a lott of you work to look how you colored.


greetings karin

Carla S. said...

Wow, your new room looks fantastic, Angela! Congrats on finishing it and doing all the work yourself! What an accomplishment!

Lau W said...

Superb ! Very nice work Angela ! This room is beautiful !
xxx

Gina Lindsay said...

Everything looks awesome!! When I read the part about the rug, I had to chuckle a little because I remembered you telling me about the 12 x 8 rug you bought and all I could picture was a 12 inch x 8 inch piece since we talk in paper terms so much!! I know you are so proud of this space and you should be!

Lisa Lynn said...

Wow, what a great job! This will be a wonderful bedroom/craft area.

Karina said...

Your new room looks great Angela, and hat off for what you have done all by yourself! Destiny will love her new room and one day you will be lucky to have such a gorgeous craft room.
Big hugs,
Karina

Staci Severns said...

Great work, guys! The room is now set. You just need to put in all the furniture, and everything is done. The ceiling fan is a great addition to the room. It made the space look much more elegant. Also, using a ceiling fan can help you save on your energy bills. With that, you don’t have to frequently use your A/C unit.