Saturday, January 21, 2012

3 Saturated Canary cards and a GDT call

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. We went out today to celebrate my daughter's 18th birthday. She is out now with her boyfriend  and the kids are at my sisters so I had time to play tonight.

I have 3 cards to share with you using 3 of Krista Smith's NEW Digi's from Saturated Canary.
She is also having a Guest Design Team CALL for a 3 months spot to join her Saturated Canary girls.

I LOVE Krista's images and own all of them, so I decided to go for it, even though today is the last day.  
I have so much fun creating with her adorable images and my 7 yr old loves them too and she always has to color and make cards with mommy. I have a ton colored just need to find more time to create with them all. hee,hee

Oh I am also entering my card/cards into the Saturated Canary Challenge this week which is to "Dies and Punches"


 This first one is called "Elphie" A Ragamuffin.  Isn't she just the cutest?
I used some Crate Paper 6x6 papers from the 'Emma's Shoppe Collection. I punched 2 different borders on the side of the image added a little tag that I distressed with distressing inks and added some Raffia to the tag hole. I added some Wild Orchid Crafts rose and some more raffia to finish off the flower arrangement.  I think the raffia looks great with this image and her little broom.




This is another one of her New digi's and her name is "Jenny". I used some Cosmo Cricket  6x6 paper from the Odds & Ends pack . I also add a punched border and used 2 different Spellbinder dies to create my  background that little miss Jenny is adhered to. I distressing the edges and added a big Recollections pink flower and the little rose buds are from Wild Orchid Crafts.




Here is the last one called " The Scarecrow" A Ragamuffin.  She has a whole line of characters from the Wizard of Oz.. love, love, love them.


I used some Authenique paper from the "Blissful" 6x6 pack. I added some raffia behind the square to mimic the straw stuffing of the sweet little scarecrow.  I added some Fancy Pants buttons that I adhered on a punched circle and tied with some twine.


All images were colored with copics and if I get time I will come back and edit to add the colors I used on all 3 of these sweet images. I about 45 minutes before the cut off of the  Guess DT call.

I hope you have a great rest of your weekend.  I will be busy making cards and trying to clean up my messy craft space.  I had it clean yesterday and now today it looks as if a tornado has ran through it.

Oh her is a new pic of my daughter Destiny and her boyfriend of over 2 yrs Christian.  I took it with his phone so it's not a great quality pic but I so love this picture of them together.  So sweet.

Just sharing..




20 comments:

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

good thing there are 2 more gdt spots for others :)
you are in...I am sure of it :)
your daughter looks so happy...that is awesome!

Creations by Shirl said...

love those images, I may have to sneak by at that Etsy shop and buy at least one of them.... very pretty cards... Great pics of your daughter and her beau......

Shanna Shands said...

I love your creations. I am a new follower for ya. Love your coloring and I will definitely take some lessons. You have a style similar to mine but way better!

Rosa Witten said...

I was hoping you were going after that GDT spot. I know you will make it! I finally got some Saturated Canary images and have been coloring them up all day. They are so beautiful I am afraid to make a mistake and mess them up. Your daughter looks beautiful.
:) Happy crafting!

Renkata said...

Yeeppppyyyyyyy I am so happy you have decided to enter the GDT call.
I really want you to be on the team :)
I just got into this images because of you.
I already have 5 of them , lol.
Hug's
Renkata

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow what gorgeous images angela, they are so cute and sweet.
your coloring and decorations are outstanding.

greetings karin

sara said...

wow what a stunning trio love love love them all but my fave is the first one such gorgeous colours and amazing colouring really hope you get on the team you so deserve to fab pic of your daughter too thanks for sharing
hugs sara x x x

Shazza said...

these are amazing cards, as always your colouring is amazing. Beautiful daughter too x

Kylie said...

I too am sooooo addicted to Krista's images. I have 'nearly' all of them ;) Your cards are all just gorgeous but your daughter Destiny is just stunning! I hope she had a great 18th birthday.

Hugs, xoxo

Detenish said...

They are so beautiful!!!!!!!

Hanneke said...

Those cards are all wonderful! Love the images and colors and your coloring is so nice. Good luck in this DT call! And congratulations on your daughter's birthday. Hugs, Hanneke

June Nelson said...

Thse are fantastic I love your work and best of luck with the GDT yor fantastic xxxxxxx

gobeagirl said...

Hi Angela.
I have to tell you that I think all 4 of your creations are just stunning. (Most of all your oldest, lol) She just keeps getting prettier and prettier all the time. Happy Birthday Destiny! I also love your cards. These stamps are just adorable. You are making me pull out my dusty wallet. heehee yeah right! :O)
Hope you and the family are all doing great. Habe a wonderful Sunday. Hugs, Lisa

Loopylou. said...

oh my!! wow just wow!!! 3 absolutely stunning cards!!! you are one awesome colouring chick!!!
good luck with the DT call and Thank you for sharing it with us over on the saturated canary challenge blog,
hugs Lou xxx

Alina said...

very beautiful cards, Angela, awesome colouring! I'm sure you are one of the 3!
congratulations on your daughter's birthday!
hugs, Alina

Gail said...

Saw that you made the SC DT. I'm not surprised; your cards are magnificent. Truly beautifully colored! --Gail

angelwhispers said...

Congratulation on being picked but from the creations you have made no wonder these are just fabulous and what glorious colouring! Chanelle xxx

Ally said...

...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
outch
...
...
...
...
...aw, that hurts! just fell off my chair, cause I was goggling!Your cards are drop-dead gorgeous! So love these images, I want them all LOL!
And your daughter is such a beauty, wow, no wonder, she has it from her Mum (I bet)!
Hugs, Alessandra

Regan said...

These are incredible, Angela! I saw that you made the SC team as a guest designer! I had no doubt that you would! Your creations are breath-taking! Congrats and can't wait to see more! :)
{hugs}
Regan

Dotty Jo said...

Just dropped by from Krista's to say a big congrats on the GDT place - soooooo well deserved, your work is fabulous, Jo x