Sunday, December 13, 2009

Gift Set

No I haven't dropped off the face of the earth. I have been busy visiting my Father-in-Law at the hosiptal, Christmas shopping and making gifts. I have tried to stay off the computer this weekend except to do some Christmas shopping for a couple of things that my husband and I couldn't find for the kids when we were out shopping together Friday night. I did find the couple of things we were looking for.
Well on to my creations. A couple of weeks ago I found a blog "Kirstens Blog" and she makes the most beautiful boxes. When I saw this box with drawers and the top opens up to a card I just had to make one. They are very time consuming though. I couldn't help to use these sweet Twinkling Tots stamp from The Greeting Farm. Isn't she just beautiful!!
Here is the tag that I made to go with it.

Here is a side view of the box showing a drawer.

I stamped a sentiment ,each a verse from the bible with a stamp set from Clear Dollar Stamps.
I didn't have any drawer pull hardware to use so I had to use some vintage copper brads, that i kept loose to use as the pulls instead.




here is the inside if you untie the ribbon. You just make a 6x6 card and attach it to the top of the box. Kirsten has step by step instructions on her blog.
Stamps: Twinkling Tots/The Greeting Farm, Bible verse/Clear Dollar Stamps
Ink: Memento black, Tim Holts distressing ink in vintage photo
Paper: DP Colorbok, CS in cream brown and white
Accessories: Spellbinders Classic Frames & Label dies, Adhesive pearls, flowers, brads, glitter glue, Martha Stewart branch punch and border punch, ribbon, Cuttlebug folder, sizzix Scallop Tag
Copics Used:
Skin:E11,E00,Eooo,E20
Hair:E49,E47,E57,E37,E33
Clothes:BG93,BG96,G0000,E40and E41





9 comments:

Amy said...

OMGosh, that box is just amazing Angela! I've never seen anythng like it before, what a special gift this would make!

Silli said...

What a beutiful work... Love the image and the papers... Hugs Silke

Randi said...

Amazing gift set Angela!! Those warm browns are so beautiful!! What a creative and fun gift!

Cindy Haffner said...

Just darling Angela, so very pretty.

Gina Lindsay said...

Wow this is just amazing! that box along would have taken me the entire weekend to do, forget about anything else.

Scrapping Julie said...

Dear Angela,

I want to be just like you when I grow up!

your admirer,
Julie

LOL, its great girl!

WickedPixie said...

Angela, this is so gorgeous! I especially love the floral arrangement - stunning! :-)Traci

Only By His Grace said...

Wow Angela! simply gorgeous. well not exactly simple to make though.
What a lot of work you have put into this box. It is so beautiful. I must try and make one.
Love the colours.
Hugs Marion

Angelwood said...

Oh could she be any more precious!? Love her! Beautiful coloring too! hugs, Angela